Trying to use a Kanban board for reporting ( The tasks of resources are in diff projects)

Kaneesha Gunanathan March 27, 2024

I am a project manager and I use a Kanban board for our daily meetings for keeping track of resource tasks. 

I want to convert this board to use it with sprints and then get reporting. 

I am hitting a wall because all my resources are in a variety of different projects. The Jira out of the box reporting is hard to use as my Kanban board has a variety of projects in them.

The reporting I want to get is a burn down chart for each resource showing how much

• shows total of hours assigned by person, and a countdown on what is left. (Completed 26 out of 80 hrs).  Burndown report.
  • Need a report to show estimate vs actual by task, that can roll up by person, and by project

Has anyone done this? Are there plug ins that can help. Looking for some guidance

1 answer

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Kaneesha Gunanathan and welcome to the Community!  You can create a new Scrum board using the filter from your Kanban board and set up sprints.  You'll want to set the Estimation Statistics in your board config using "Original Time Estimate".  Plans would also be useful for you but that requires a Premium subscription.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events