Trying to find smart value that will be able to pick up on previous fix version value

Amed Moreno May 17, 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out smart value for getting the previous value for 'fix versions' after it has been changed.

Need an automation that will be triggered by 'fix versions' field value change, then send a slack notification that informs user of the new value and what it was changed from.

I've tried many variations of {{fromString}} in changelog but cannot get it to return a value.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Amed Moreno, welcome!

I tried it out and I think I'm running into the same problem as you - I can see the "toString", but not the "fromString". I've logged a question with Atlassian Support.

2023-05-25_17h20_44.png

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2023

Hi @Amed Moreno, Atlassian Support has opened a bug with Development for the above. They're tracking it as JRACLOUD-81160. I'd encourage anyone interested to go and watch that ticket and add yourself to the Affected customers list.

The Support Team looked into this and found that, for fixVersion, the automation was apparently triggered, not when you hit the checkbox when you've finished modifying the field, but after you add or remove a value from the field.  This is apparently different from fields like Summary and Description.

Suggest an answer