Trying to email user when status is 'ready for po'

Damon Gaylor April 10, 2019

Custom workflow, added a status called 'ready for PO'.  I want the transition to fire an event to send email notification to the PO.  I was going to add a project role of PO and then assign the users who want to be notified to this role.

The business case is the team wants to automatically notify the PO when something is ready for them to review for acceptance.  

I think I can add a generic event in the notification scheme, but I only want this email notification to happen when the status changes to 'Ready for PO'.  

Any ideas? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Laperle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2019

I would personally use the Webhook feature and build a custom webhook receiver (either an AWS lambda or self-hosted script) that will receive the webhook and send an email based on this.

If you need direction on how to achieve and you're at the Summit, poke me I can definitely show you!

Damon Gaylor April 10, 2019

Thanks David.  I'm not a programmer and was hoping for a config option.  I thought I was able to do this in an older version of Jira, but can't seem to see any options to fine tune the notification based on the post transitions options.

David Laperle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2019

There's ton a addons that can help you if you're willing to pay for it.

Suggest an answer