• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trying to create a pop-up dialog box when transitioning a story to Demo Ready or PO Accepted

I moved all of our stories to a new board, and lost the pop-up box that came up when the delivery team was completed with a story and moved it to Demo Ready or PO Accepted for the PO to review and comment.   The new board just brings it straight to Done, so we have to go into the story to type in comments.

It seems this is done by designing or indicating a specific type of Transition, but I don't seem to have that option, even though I'm an administrator.  Ideas?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Apr 22, 2019

Hi Tim! You need to edit the workflow associated w/ the issuetype. Select the transition you are interested in and add a Screen to the transition that will expose the desired fields. If you don't already have a screen you can choose from you would then create one before editing the WF.

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hey Tim -

If I am understanding you correctly, sounds like that is a transition screen.  Look at the workflow driving your board and you can click on a transition -> edit and you will see the option to specify a screen that will appear when the transition is executed.

trnsition.png

Good Morning Ed,

I don't mean to Necro this thread, however is it possible to only have a screen show under certain conditions?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Adding-Fields-to-the-quot-Flagged-quot-Screen/qaq-p/1333105#M69845

I posted this question yesterday and I'm finding out that I don't think I can directly edit the Flagged field as it's a locked field. However if I had a custom field which when not null would trigger a screen to pop-up just like a transition and also just like the default flagged field on the right-click context menu in Jira, that's exactly what I want.

Is this doable? 

Jira Software - hosted Cloud

Thank you,

AJ

Thanks Jack and Ed...I'm sure you are right.

I was looking in my old board where the transition is correctly happening, but I can't get into Edit mode as other projects are using the same workflow scheme I am.  And when I go into my new board, I can edit the workflow and go into Edit mode on the Transition I'm looking at adding a screen to, there are no screens to choose from.  When I go to the Screens page, there are default screen schemes, but it doesn't look like I'm allowed to change or add a screen.

I am an Admin on my board, but apparently there is something higher than an Admin with access to add screens.  Am I in the right place?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,396 views 5 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you