Trying to configure SAML SSO for Jira Data Center

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

I am trying to configure SAML SSO for Jira Data Center 8.14.0.

We have been using the mini Orange SSO plugin for Server (and DC, for now) without problem, but have disabled it while testing out the inherent SSO 2.0 config.

When I use SAML as the secondary authentication, I am able to successfully log in with my user credentials, but get a "Something has gone wrong" error when navigating to the ${base-url}/plugins/servlet/external-login  URL. In the application log, I see the following error:  java.lang.Exception: No name id found in Document.

I have tried both NameID (which is what we are using in the mini Orange configuration) and ${NameID} in the username mapping.

Is something mis-configured in the SAML SSO configuration or is the problem somewhere in the IDP side? We have used the same IDP information (including certificate) that we were using in the mini Orange configuration.

0 answers

Suggest an answer