Tried to update Kanban board and all tasks have disappeared!

meghan.peebles June 23, 2021

Hi there - I've tried to update our Kanban board to make it more relevant, and had just started our Sprint 1. Now the whole backlog with every task has disappeared! I don't believe a backup was created (I just read that should have been done, although I wasn't aware we could even do that). Is there any way to get it all back?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

Do not worry!  Boards are not containers, they are views.  You might have misconfigured something and lost visibility of stuff in the boards, but the issues the boards are looking at are all still there (might be a couple of things on them that have changed, but it's not a delete!)

I would take a look at the configuration of both your Kanban board and your Scrum board (Kanban does not do sprints, so you must have two different boards).  I suspect you'll find your Kanban board is configured to ignore things that have moved into a sprint, but without a good look, I can't really tell.

meghan.peebles June 23, 2021

Oh thank goodness! As I'm looking around, I can still see the tasks, they're just not visible to me in a certain view it seems, as you mentioned. Now I have to try and reverse all of this somehow - any tips? Thanks for the quick reply too.. :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

I think your "views" are boards?  If so, then the place to look is in the board configuration - each board is driven by a filter, and you can see them on the main configuration page for the board.  

Once you've checked what the filter for a board says, then look at the columns on the board (in the configuration tab for columns) - the columns map status into the view, and a typical reason for "something has disappeared from my board" is that the issue has changed status to one that is not mapped to a column - no mapping, no view!

Suggest an answer