Trello <---> JIRA connectivity capabilities

Joe Teitelman May 11, 2023

Hi, 

I am trying to make it so JIRA tickets are displayed in and linked to a Trello board. I am agnostic as to whether I would need to manually select individual tickets or if it relied on an identifier (e.g. tickets I'm watching). 

I've been unsuccessful with trial and error in the marketplace. Hoping someone in the community can help me out. 

Thanks, 
Joe 

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Teitelman May 12, 2023

@Esther Strom 

Yes this is super helpful. thank you very much!

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Hi, @Joe Teitelman - not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can attach a Jira ticket (or tickets) to a Trello card by adding the Jira power-up to Trello.

Open any Trello card and click Add Power-Ups from the list of functions running down the right side.

1.png

Choose Jira (or search for it, if it's not showing in the Featured screen.) Click the blue Add button.

2.png

When it installs, click out of the power-ups page and back to your card. Click the Jira button. You'll be asked to enter your Jira URL.

3.png

When you click the Connect to Jira button, it will open a popup page requesting you to authorize the integration.4.png

Click Authorize, and it will take you back to your card. (Everything up to this point is a one-time setup per Jira instance/Trello board.)

From there, click the Jira power-up button again, and it will give you a choice of attaching an existing issue or creating a new Jira issue from the card.

5.png

If you choose Attach a Recent Issue, you'll get a dropdown showing a few recent tickets, plus a search box.

6.png

Choose/search for a ticket; when you select it, it will add the ticket to your card.7.png

If you choose Create an Issue from this Card, it will walk you through creating a Jira ticket; the summary and description will be copied from your card, and it will be linked.

This is what it looks like on the Jira side.

8.png

Suggest an answer