Transition & clone issues during automation

Ş. Sercan Soydan April 17, 2023

I have a bunch of cross-board rules which clones & transiates (I hope I've spelled & used this right) tasks based on their current states. 

Rules work perfectly fine. They are getting copied and states are being modified (even though second error complains that destination status could not be resolved). But I'm constantly getting some issues in the audit logs & in my inbox. 

They are always one or either of these two: 

Clone issue
Unknown fields set during clone, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -
Epic Name (customfield_10011)
Issues cloned successfully
GDTD-92

Transition issue
Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status):
GDTS-177 (CODE REVIEW - 10082)

The specific rule that these errors has been raised for looks like this: 

image.png

Is there anything that can be done to silence these warnings? 

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Ş. Sercan Soydan 

1- There may be context differences between the projects. One field in source project may not be available in other project or issuetype. Regarding your error, do you copy from Epic to Epic? Because Epic Name is only for Epics. Check the fields in Clone Issue section.

2- Does the automation actor user have the right to change status to "In Code Review"? Go to Rule details and check Actor.

Ş. Sercan Soydan April 17, 2023

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz , 

1. Yes there are indeed context differences between the projects. We are not using epics in the project that the tasks are being copied to.

2. The automation actor is Automation for Jira. I don't believe it is a right issue, since states are being modified perfectly fine according to the rules. It is just complaining that the destination status could not be resolved. 

Again, rules are being executed fine. I'm just having too much errors (almost every time a rule is executed) and I was wondering if there is any way to supress these errors, or modify the rules in a way such that these errors are not raised anymore. 

Suggest an answer