• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Tracking Children of a parent issue shared between projects

Team, 

Need help in a scenario on how i can have a single view tracking when children issues are shared in multiple projects. Following is the scenario

Business Initiative: ABC-102

Epic 1: HARD-1101 - For mobile project building mobile app

Epic 2: FIRM-1293 - specific solution from Firm based project .

Epic 3: BANG-4839 - Specific solution from Another group specific to their business area.

these three epics are linked with Business Initiative ABC-102

each epic have their own stories/feature/functionalities which is developed by independent project/ business team across the organization. 

Now I need to have a view where, business initiative ABC status to include these three different project's epic status

Is there any way? 

Note: newbie to JIRA (all these days i was just a user who use jira to update my status. Now upgraded to bring more visibility)

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Apr 04, 2021

Hi @Albert Arul Prakash Rajendran

depending on if you are willing to switch to a premium plan "Advanced Roadmaps" (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/roadmaps/advanced-roadmaps) could be an option.

It's hard to tell if all requirements will be met (current and probably ones your team will have in future) but you could have a look at the solution and if you want also a trial.
From experience I can say that if Advanced Roadmaps should be a match for your team and you should have questions later on there are many skilled people here in Community able to help you when you want to know something specific.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
G subramanyam Community Leader Mar 19, 2021

Hi @Albert Arul Prakash Rajendran welcome to the Atlassian Community forum.

In order to address your query, I would suggest using a JQL like this: 

project = "ABC-102" AND "Epic Link" in  ("HARD-1101", "FIRM-1293", "BANG-4839") OR parent in ("HARD-1101", "FIRM-1293", "BANG-4839") OR parent in linkedIssues ("HARD-1101", "FIRM-1293", "BANG-4839") if you need all tasks recursively.

Thanks Subramanyam.

A business initiative project might have multiple initiatives and would be tracked at a much higher level in the org. 

now, hardcoding the IDs, would bring lot of modifications (eveyr time) & also error prone.

is there a way for building something generic 

G subramanyam Community Leader Mar 19, 2021

Then the best idea I can think (you need to work with Jira admin) is to configure a work flow with "Features" at organization level which spans across projects and create a master board with multiple projects. This way we can have a helicopter view of projects progress as well status of tasks.

There can be better answers or suggestions and let's hear it out from other leader's.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Bitbucket Smart Commits vs. Genius Commits - What's the difference?

If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...

130 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you