Track users interaction while viewing an issue

David Cannon August 7, 2017

Hello,

I recently had an issue change who it was assigned to.  The history log within the issue shows the user changed the issue to themselves.  The user vehemetly declares that they did no such thing.  Is there a log file created on the server that records where a users was logged in from and what changes they made?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

You may check the access log.

Maybe:

• The user accidentally clicked the 'Assign to me' link.
  • An automation rule (service desk) was fired to set the current user as the assignee when certain conditions are met.
  • A workflow post-function was fired by the user by transitioning the issue, indirectly assigning the issue to the current user.
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2017

many (all?) default workflows have a post function to set the issue to the "current assignee" upon many of the transitions. You need to remove this post function if you do not want the behavior.

I'll check that out!  Thanks!

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

keyboard shortcuts are another thing that trips people up sometimes

I can't find any of those things mentioned turned on so I am guessing the user hadn't had a cup of coffee yet and accidentally clicked "Assign to me".  Thanks for the suggestions though!

Suggest an answer