Total points per label?

Katy S
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2019

Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether there was a way of seeing the total number of points for all tickets that have the same label?

I ask as I'm wanting to talk about scope with the client and would like to have a quick understanding of the number of points against what have been defined as 'Must haves'. They're in prioritised epics too but I want to get a sum total for all the must haves, so far.

Hope this question is clear. Thanks in advance for your help.

Katy 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2019

Hello Katy,

I understand that you would like to Sum all Story points from the issues which are configured with a specific label. Is that correct?

Although JIRA does not have an inbuilt feature to perform this kind of configuration, there are two ways you can achieve this goal:

1 - Using the sumUp for Jira add-on, which provides you with the sumUp Filter Result Gadget where you can display the sum of Story points based on a filter (Labels = xyz)

2 - Exporting your issues to CSV and use a third-party spreadsheet software (Excel, LibreOffice, etc) to sum the values of the Story Points value.

Let me know if this information helps.

Allison Carlson August 28, 2019

@Petter Gonçalves  - is there a feature request already on Atlassian's roadmap to provide the abillity to sum on story points?

thank you.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2019

Hello Allison,

There are no feature requests opened specifically for summing Story points from issues with a common label, however, there are others requiring the same functionality for Epic links, Sub-tasks and linked issues:

Sum story points or hour estimates for any epic links

Sum estimates from sub-tasks in user stories

If you think that this functionality would be useful to also be applied for issues with common field values, please feel free to open a new suggestion here.

Allison Carlson August 28, 2019

Actually I was interested in summing up story points or hours by epic, so this one is perfect: Sum story points or hour estimates for any epic links

I've voted and started watching. thanks for your quick response!!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2019

You are welcome, Allison. :)

Have a nice day!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katy S
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 6, 2019

Hello Petterson,

Thank you for your time and thoughts with this.

Exporting the issues to CSV and going through them is working well for me not. It's also proving to be an easy way of going through priorities with the client.

I hadn't heard of sumUp before so am grateful for your recommendation; I'll definitely be giving it a go.

Thanks again,

Katy 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
June 7, 2019

You are welcome, Katy.

Let me know if you still have any questions about the proposed option with SumUp Add-on.

Suggest an answer