'Top of Sprint' and 'Bottom of Sprint' missing in Jira Cloud (they exist in Jira Data Center)?

Arnold May 24, 2023

As a Product Owner who wants to order his backlog and future sprints easily,

I find Jira Data Center has 'Top of Sprint' and 'Bottom of Sprint' when I right-click an issue, which makes reordering the backlog easier under certain circumstances

but I find Jira Cloud has no such 'Top of Sprint' and 'Bottom of Sprint' options in the right-click context-menu, which makes reordering the backlog more cumbersome (and prone to mistakes) (e.g. dragging an issue from the very bottom to the very top is more time-consuming, and error prone, than the simpler 'Top of Sprint' mechanism in Jira Data Center)

Knowing that the user-interface in Cloud and Data Center do diverge, does anyone know where 'Top of Sprint' and 'Bottom of Sprint' is in Jira Cloud as it is in Jira Data Center?

Or maybe this was a feature in Data Center that never made its way into the Cloud code-base for some reason... any insights?

1 answer

0 votes
Frederik Vantroys
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

In Cloud you still have the top of backlog and bottom of backlog when right clicking an issue.

Schermafbeelding 2023-05-25 062331.png

A more dirty approach I have seen with clients is to create a sprint (which will never actually be started) and use it as container (example "most urgent bugs") fo tickets.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events