Tomcat dit not stop in time

Sergio Molero January 11, 2021

Hello, thanks for your help in advance.

I hope you can help me and I hope I am following the right site to report this problem that I am experiencing.

Server A: Application (Jira and Bitbuket) on Ubuntu 20.04.1
Server B: MySQL 8 on Ubuntu 20.04.1

New installation of Jira 8.13.2 on server A with the database in MySQL 8 on server B with port 8443 (not the default)

New installation of Bitbuket on server A with the database in MySQL 8 on server B with port 2096 (not the default one)

That is, everything is new and clean instances.

Windows Active Directory Connected
Jira connected with Bitbuket

Active applications:
Electronic Signature Fields
R4J - Requirements Management for Jira
Worklogs - Time Tracking and Reports

Up to this point, both Jira and Bitbuket turn on and off properly.

When I install Test Management for JIRA (Zephyr Scale) everything is fine except for stopping Jira. The tomcat server does not stop in time.
Attached capture: https://i.imgur.com/npJ6Nts.png

I rebooted it, I disabled Test Management for JIRA (Zephyr Scale), and the server stops successfully. 

Any way to solve it or see where it fails?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Manuel Bastardo Castellano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Sergio Molero 

In the Zephyr release list in 5.4.1 it indicates that they have fixed a problem with the server shutdown. check if you have the last version installed

Or you can try increasing the waiting time in the stop-jira.sh file to more than 20 seconds, so that zephyr or any other  applications finish all their processes correctly.

In the attached screen this is 20 seconds is its default value, I have adjusted it for the Insight application to 90 seconds and now it stops correctly

I hope it helps you.

Captura de pantalla 2021-01-12 a las 9.00.03.png

Sergio Molero January 12, 2021

Thanks for the reply!
I have the latest version of the application installed and the time increased to 120s and it remains the same.
Thats weird!
Thank you.

Suggest an answer