To use the team field, you need to be on Jira Software Premium

Andrew Holian November 23, 2020

We have been using the 'team' for years, but now I am getting the below error when using a screen to make a transition.

"To use the team field, you need to be on Jira Software Premium"

JIra Team Field.PNG

I did make a recent change to the workflow but it had nothing to do with the 'team' field. The strange part is that the 'team' field can still be edited if you use the issue edit view instead of a screen. However, even if the field is populated it will display as empty. I know the field has content because if I use advanced search or a filter to search for content in the 'team' field the search will find results. But when you look at the story the field displays as empty.

I would appreciate any troubleshooting ideas.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

I suspect you have (or possibly had) a custom field called "Team", that the Software Premium wants to use for its Team field.  The message you are getting is about the Software Premium field, but I think your custom field is still there.

I would go to the list of custom fields and check what you have called "team".  I'm expecting you'll see two fields, probably on "locked" - try renaming the other one to something slightly different like "Team." so you can see the difference!

Andrew Holian November 23, 2020

I think you are on to something but unfortunately I can only see one field called "Team" when I checked my custom fields. I do think there is something odd happening to that field though.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Hmm.  I think the Team field is being co-opted by the Advanced Roadmaps in Premium.   I think to have it work properly, yoou might need to add another field for "team" and use that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events