To Do column in Jira Kanban Board

Vishal_Kalavar May 16, 2023

Can the "To Do" column in a Kanban Board be configured to show only stories/tasks/sub tasks? I currently have all the "To Do" issues in the Backlog and only have "In Progress" and "Done" columns on the Kanban Board. This is because when I add the "To Do" column to the Kanban Board, it pulls in all issues including Portfolio Epics, Capabilities and Epics which makes the list way too long.

I only want to show stories/tasks/sub-tasks in the "To Do" column.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

@Vishal_Kalavar 

Existing a lot ways to do this, but these are the most practical

The board displays the filter result. If the idea is to only display Story/Task and Sub-tasks you can adjust the board filter and change the JQL for getting only these Issue Types.

Another solution is creating a quick filter in your board to show only these Issue Types. The other Issue Types as Epic will still be displayed if you unselect the quick filter, but if the quick filter is already checked you only will see the types you want.

If this is not what you're looking for, let us know and we can provide another ways.

1 vote
Answer accepted
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hello @Vishal_Kalavar 

To complete your need you can edit your board filter with a query like :

(issuetype in (task,...,sub-tasks) and status = "To do") or status != "To do"

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 14.59.38.pngScreenshot 2023-05-17 at 14.59.59.pngd

Don't forget to save it and go back to your board :

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 15.07.15.png

Suggest an answer