Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Timezone issue while querying data from Jira

Hi,

I'm querying data from jira api endpoint for different tickets using python.
Account which I'm using to query data from jira is having timezone set in UTC. I am able to query data in UTC timezone. But the date data it returned is not in utc. This is the value of Updated filed. (2022-06-06 04:22:20.269000-06:00)

it returned data in US/Mountain.

Anybody know what's the reason behind this. 

2 answers

0 votes

Thank you @Bill Sheboy 

Hi @Mridul Gupta -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I did not see this behavior described on the REST API documentation pages, but I did see this post in the developer community which notes use of UTC...except for some fields which use the profile setting of the user who created an issue, updated it, etc.

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/what-timezone-are-dates-in-api-data/42649

Please consider also reposting your question in the developer community to see who has other thoughts on this.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,484 views 37 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you