• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Time tracking in a Next Gen Project

I'm in IT Security and find the features in the Next-Gen project great. My only issue is that I can't track time... 

I know it can be done in the classic mode, but the views in next gen work much better for me. 

Is there a way to track time in the next gen project?

I would need this time to also be reportable. At the very least If i could export to a .csv file I could do it in excel.  

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eoin Atlassian Team Feb 14, 2021

It's possible to

• Add the "Time tracking" field to an Issue Type in next-gen Project settings.
  • Log time and Time remaining from the Issue View
  • Have logged time show up in the Worklogs

We have not yet built the time tracking report although it will be something we make available in the future - most likely 1+ year time frame.

Thanks

Eoin

Hello all,

Can we have an update on this..

JSWCLOUD-17447 is marked as completed, but I don't see Time tracking Reports in my Next Gen project

I can see that we can track time on tickets, but I didn't find a way to report on those time entries...

Maybe I am missing something?

Thanks!

Hello @Marcos Tapia,

Next-Gen projects do not support time tracking at the moment.

There is an open issue that you can track JSWCLOUD-17447, but unfortunately, it is not on the short-term roadmap so it is worth to vote it in order to raise the importance. 

You can use an external app to get this functionality until Atlassian adds it on their own.

Clockwork Automated Timesheets is a free app that allows to track time in Next-Gen projects and log it to Jira worklog. This way the time logged is available in Jira reports as well as in external reporting apps.

Clockwork allows tracking time automatically, through Start/Stop Timer button as well as through the "Log Work" button that pops up a dialog (just like Jira does in classic projects).

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Jack

0 votes
Scott Theus Community Leader Jan 24, 2019

Hi @Marcos Tapia,

@Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ is correct. There is no native way to track time in Next-Gen projects now. It is, however, on the radar. You can view the issue in Atlassian's backlog at JSWCLOUD-17447.

It has a lot of attention, so add your vote to it to help move it up the priority list and to wacth it for updates.

-Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

863 views 14 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you