Time tracking for two users in the same ticket

Rafael Campos February 19, 2019

Hello,

I have a question and hope someone can help me here. Is there a way to have time tracking for 2 people in the same jira ticket? 

Thank you in advance,

Rafael

3 answers

2 votes
Zankar Patadia April 23, 2020

Hi,

I have a question, is it possible that when that issue is closed, the time logged by different users won't be added to the total time of the assignee of that issue. The only time that would be added for the particular Jira would be the time logged by the assignee of that Jira?

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2019

Hi Rafael,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Yes, you can have multiple users log their time against the same issue as long as your permission scheme allows them to do that

work.png

We use Tempo Timesheets and it gives you a list of users that have logged time against an issue

Time.png

Thank you Mikael!

can this only be accomplished by using Tempo Timesheets? If I don’t have it, is there another way to display the time of the 2 users?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2019

The Work Log tab under Activity will show all users that have logged time against the issue. If you need to see a list similar to what Tempo provides you need an app for it, there are multiple time tracking apps on the Marketplace that can do that.

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 19, 2019

@Rafael Campos

All users with the proper permissions can log time directly in Jira. You don't need plugins for that.

The plugins, on the other hand, can improve time logging and reporting process. 

Clockwork Automated Timesheets, for example, allows tracking time automatically when the issue is transitioned through the workflow. 

It also gives manual "Start/Stop Timer" button and works with Next-Gen projects too. 

043ee6a4-6a66-4578-9e84-815b956005d4.png

Esteban Halabi September 9, 2022

Hi Jack, sorry to highjack this question, Im currently using this software but I can't figure out how to get multiple users to log time here. It only logs the time for the Assignee. (I am using the paid version)

I'd really appreciate the help, is there a way for the software to detect a custom field (matching with a status for example) and have it log time for the user in that field or it will only log time for the Assignee and other users that want to log time have to do it manually?

Hopefully that makes sense, thank you

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 14, 2022

Hi, 

When you use the Automated mode, it logs time for the assignee only. 

But manually, you can use the "Log Work" option from Jira or the "+" button in the Clockwork panel:

Issue_Checklist_Dev__Scrum__-_Agile_Board_-_Jira.jpg

Please contact our support if more assistance is required. 

Cheers,
Jack

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2019

Yes, just make sure the permissions on the project say that everyone who needs to track time has the "log work" permission. 

Thank you Nic!

Would I see a breakdown of each person’s time entered or the total number of hours spent on the ticket by setting log work permission to everyone in the project?

Nicketa April 22, 2021

How can I filter issues having log work more than one user ?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer