Time billed by user

Gina Gaines
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 31, 2023

In the reports available in Jira I am able to see time billed vs original estimate by issue, however is there a way to see time billed for an individual resource? The data could by by issue or by project for a certain time period.

Example, the user bills their time to the issue. Then at the end of a 2 week sprint the user would be able to see how many hours total they billed to the project. 

3 answers

1 vote
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2023

Hello @Gina Gaines 

As an alternative , I guess you can try Time in Status  for Jira Cloud (developed by my SaaSJet team) with 7 types of status time reports can help you with this. 

For example The Time in status report shows how long an issue has been spent in each status.

The Assignee time report displays how long it takes each team member to solve a task.

GIF TIS.gif

This add-on is developed by my SaaSJet team and has a 30-day free trial version. Please, let me know if you have any questions

0 votes
Madhu_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2023

Hi  @Gina Gaines 

If you would be interested in a mktplace app to get this data, you can try out our add-on

Worklogs Time Reports

The app provides the following features.

• Worklogs Report :
    • Create reports for time entered by your team members
    • Filter/Categorize/Group By your worklogs data
  • Timesheets : View/Enter time spent for multiple issues and multiple days from a single screen
  • Dashboard gadgets

Disclaimer : I work for the vendor who built this app

Worklogs.PNG

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023
Yes, there is a way to see time billed for an individual resource in Jira. You can generate the "Time Sheet Report" by user, which shows the total hours logged, billed, and remaining for each user within a specific time period. To do this: 1. Click on "Reports" in the side navigation bar. 2. Select "Time Tracking" from the dropdown list. 3. Click on "Time Sheet Report". 4. Choose the time period you want to report on by adjusting the date range. 5. Select the users you want to include in the report. 6. Choose "Group by User" from the dropdown list to display each user's total hours logged, billed, and remaining. 7. Click "Generate Report" to view the report. This report will show you the total hours billed by each resource for the selected time period.
Gina Gaines
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 31, 2023

Thank you so much for the quick response! We don't see the "time tracking" option or the "time sheet report" option. What we see when we click "reports" on the left side is "time tracking report" which does not allow you to filter by user. (see screen shots)Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 1.53.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-31 at 1.53.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-31 at 1.54.09 PM.png

Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023
To enable time tracking for your project, you will need to check whether the feature is enabled for your entire Jira site. If it is not enabled, contact your Jira admin for help. To enable the time tracking feature for your project, follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to your project.

2. Click on the Project settings in the bottom left corner of the screen.

3. Choose Features from the sidebar.

4. Ensure that the Time Tracking feature is turned on. If not, turn it on.

5. Check whether the "Time tracking" option is now available on the issue page. If it is not, try refreshing the page. If the time tracking option is now available and you would like to log time on an issue, click on the time tracking panel to log time.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events