Time between comments

Saad Abbas September 1, 2017

Hello,

I have searched far and wide but cannot find a solution to something I would have thought would be very easy to do and be already offered.

I would like have a mechanism that would measure the time between comments.  Then be able to accumulate/generate a report of the collated time between comments in a ticket.

Alternatively, it would be great if it was possible reset the SLA time everytime a comment is made.

Please help!

Saad

3 answers

0 votes
Saad Abbas September 18, 2017

Thank you for the recommendation! I will def check that out.

It seems wierd to me that something as simple as checking/measuring time between is not readily available. The automation route doesn't really work for us. We are on a jira cloud.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2017

Better Excel Plugin can easily implement this report for you as an Excel report.

It already has a workflow report among the default ones, that calculates several customizable time metrics. One of them is "Time to first response", which is the time between the issue creation and the first comment. You could either change its behaviour or add a new time metric to calculate your custom measure.

jira-workflow-report-pivot-table

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2017

Saad,

The only way i think you can do this is by implementing a custom listener that captures the Issue Commented event and do the work you need, maybe by storing this data in a custom field or in an external db.

You can implement a listener by scripting with some plugin like scriptrunner or by using plain java.

Hope it helps

Suggest an answer