Time Spent Sum

Hizkeel Khan May 18, 2022

Hi, 

I hope everyone is doing fine. Is there a way to find the the total hours logged on daily basis. What I want to see is that if a user has logged 5h, 6h or 7h on any ticket. Can I see the hours logged? I hope I made my question clear.

I want to create a filter where I can add JQL query to see the sum of the tasks on daily basis. 

3 answers

0 votes
Jason Chayer August 7, 2023

Is this still an issue for native Jira? I am trying to determine the total time spent on an entire project and am only seeing that I would have to do this manually.

0 votes
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2022

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to create such report from JQL query. The results will always show the sum of time logged to the issue. Not, divided by the users. There are a lot of Marketplace addons that can help you easily view daily time logs and lots of other data to compare. For example, how much time did each user spent on bugs or tasks. 

Please feel free to check out our app Worklogs Time Tracking and Reports in an Interactive Demo here. This way, you'll be able to see if it suits you right away. 

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2022

Hi @Hizkeel Khan 

If you are fine with a mktplace app, to get this data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features. Export to csv format is also available. You can filter based on worklogs time period as well.

Worklogs Report.png

Hizkeel Khan May 19, 2022

@Rahul_RVS_Support - Thank you for your answer. Is there a way to do it through Jira Filters. I was able to achieve something though the filter but not everything i desired. It shows the lime for each task separately. I want to see the sum of these tasks on daily basis. It will help me track the hours. 

This is the filter I'm using currently. 

project = ProjectName and worklogDate = startOfDay() 

This filter shows me the list of the list segregated. I have to manually add the hours to calculate the daily hours. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events