Time Reports for Logged Work

Art Zohrabian January 18, 2012

Hello,

We current have Jira 4.4.3 and GreenHopper 5.8.2 installed in our environment. I was wondering if there's a way to produce a report showing a summary of all logged time along with a grand total against a specfic "environment".

What I'm trying to achieve here is to track and report how much time my dev team is spending fixing production issues. In order to accomplish this, I have created a required "Environment" field with a drop-down list which includes "production" as an option in the list. I have instructed everyone in the team to create a jira ticket with "production" selected from the list and log all time spent on that issue against it.

My hope was that then I could pull a monthly or weekly report showing the total time spent or "logged" (with a breakdown per user) of the whole team fixing these production issues.

Is this possible through our version of Jira / GH? do I need to get a plugin, if so which one?

Thanks,

AZ

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

9 votes
marciagarciaext May 8, 2018

I have two developers working and logging hours in the same task, so I need to Know how much either developer worked not by task but in the sprint. How Can I do This?

2 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2012

The two that are closest would be the

Time Tracking Report

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Time+Tracking+Report

and the

Version Workload Report

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Version+Workload+Report

Leonido Gebhard July 1, 2019

With the time tracking report I need to have a version. Is it possible without?

Like # people like this
JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

Those jira documentation links are ancient.. does anyone know what the URL of the time tracking report is? because i cant find it at all.

Like # people like this
Yuliia Romanova April 30, 2020

I'de like to see updated links too

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2020

i opened a support case with the time tracking report people and was able to get this URL that i use for time tracking now. Your variables will be different, but maybe you can figure out the syntax with this:

you need the time tracking plugin, if that isnt clear.

https://jira.DOMAIN.ca/secure/TimespentReport.jspa?reportKey=jira-timesheet-plugin%3Atimespent&selectedProjectId=10100&startDate=2017-01-01&endDate=2025-05-04&projectRoleId=&projectid=10800&filterid=&commentfirstword=&groupByField=customfield_11200&Next=Next

0 votes
christos June 1, 2020

In hope to help future requests like this, it is very straight forward from this -> https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/#api-rest-api-2-issue-issueIdOrKey-worklog-get

just follow the provided examples and loop over all users in the structured response of the API

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2012

Jira Timesheet Plugin provides better time-tracking reports and it can group by a Custom Field also so it should satisfy your need.

cori schlegel August 22, 2015

Full disclosure that @Andriy Zhdanov is the Jira Timesheet plugin author is important information to have in this answer.

Like # people like this
Naveed Butt January 17, 2017

Well done @cori schlegel that was important smile

Jan Nowak March 2, 2018

Why after the installation it changed whole JIRA look? -.^

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question