Time In Status

Assia Touati March 12, 2020

Hi, 

I would like to capture the time spent in each status (not looking for a plugin) , i already used the "Time in status" add on, but i'm not able to dispolay this information in the team report 

Thank you for your help ! 

3 answers

0 votes
Ionascu Irina January 11, 2021

Hello, does anyone know how can I configure the Time in Status plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220908/time-in-status-sla-timer-stopwatch?hosting=server&tab=overview) to count the initial response time in the following way :

- Ticket is opened in "Open" state, The initial response time starts counting until the ticket is set to "In progress", then it stops. But if the ticket is set to "Reopen/Open" again I would like to start again the counting of the initial response time. 

Right now the plugin that I mentioned is counting the time from Open to In progress, but if the ticket goes again in "Open" it archives the anterior value and starts a new counting from scratch, but without taking into account the anterior value.

Thanks!!

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 16, 2020

Hi @Kiran Kumar Konduru 

Also, you can get data you need with add-on Time Between Statuses. Using it, you can set statuses for the timer when it should start, be on pause and stop. Also, you can configure time limits and email notifications when exceeded these limits for issues you need.

Kiran Kumar Konduru April 16, 2020

My client does not allow me to use plugin. Is there any other way of getting this done.

Assia Touati April 17, 2020

are you familiar with automation rules ? 

Kiran Kumar Konduru April 19, 2020

Yes i am aware of them but i have limited access so i cant apply rules and run them. 

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2020

Hi @Assia Touati 

Please explain what you mean "display this information in the team report"?

Assia Touati March 17, 2020

Hi @Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_  thanks for your answer, 

I mean by team report, the plugin installed to display the worklog by issue and assignee. 

Here is the link https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219292/team-worklog-reports?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

but the question is, how to display this even in the summary screen or anywhere in Jira so as a project manager i can see how much each member of my team spent in each status. 

I hope that i'ts more clear. 

Waiting for a tip ; thanks 

Marketplace Partner
March 17, 2020

@Assia Touati  thank you very much for the clarification.

I don't know the solution for it, and you should sent request to this app support team.

Or you can consider another plugin Time in Status for Jira Cloud.  This add-on lets you view time in status for each issue. Also, at this plugin available report assignee report - shows time each assignee spend in each issue.

I hope it will be useful for you.

Like Assia Touati likes this
Assia Touati March 17, 2020

I already tried this app, not very helpful for my team. 

Anyway, thanks for your answer ! 

Assia Touati March 27, 2020

Update :

I finally managed to capture the time recorded in each status. thanks to automation for jira. I just created fields relating to each status and I capture the time recorded in this status

**for anyone who wants to know how i did it, i can give you more informations. 

Like Kiran Kumar Konduru likes this
Kiran Kumar Konduru April 10, 2020

@Assia Touati  Can you please help me in capturing time taken between one status to other status of a defect. 

Example:- I want to capture time of a defect when its status is moved from Ready for Retest to Closed.

Assia Touati April 10, 2020

@Kiran Kumar Konduru  you want to capture the time spent in the status or the worklog in each status ?? 

I've created a rule automation to store the time logged in each status in a custom field. 

for example : 

status A  : custom field "time spent in A"

status B : custom field "time spent in B" 

when i'm in the status A, i log my time spent in the worklog, then i move to staus B, 

the value of the field "time spent in A" will receive the worklogged each time i'll move into this status (addition of worklogs) 

this is the case of the "time logged in status" 

concerning the time spent in each status, i've also made id, but i'm not using it because it wasn't relevant for my team. 

Kiran Kumar Konduru April 12, 2020

@Assia Touati My requirement is to calculate time taken by testing team to test a defect  from ''Ready for Retest" to "Closed" status. 

Assia Touati April 16, 2020

There is plugin for that :  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/time-in-status

However, you can do it with automation for Jira, you have to create custom fields for the status : "Testing", it will receive the time spent between the two status. 

Another custom field (type : date time) that'll receive the last transition occured

Then your automation rule : 

when transition occured 

update the field "TimeSpentTesting" 

receive the value : {{issue.customfield_XXXX.(nom).minutes}}/60 (will be displayed in hours) 

the issue.customefield_XXXX is the id of the customfield "last transition occured". 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events