Tickets that are in a done "state" but have not be released to production disappear

Robbie Ablett December 14, 2022

I have a jira project which has the following states:

To do

• ticket created on the Product Backlog but not yet started

In progress

(DoR Kanban)

• Document user story
  • Awaiting UX / technical designed
  • Ready for refinement
  • Ready for development

(Sprint Board - column statuses)

• Ready for Development
  • In Progress
  • QA
  • Dev team done

Done (Kanban board statuses)

• Ready for UAT (same status as Dev team done)
  • In UAT
  • Staging
  • Deployed to production = done, done

The issue is with the Done state. There are tickets that are going through the release process which disappear after (I think) two weeks if the status doesn't change. Is there a way I can change this so that the tickets do not disappear?

For info, the reason why we are using the "done" state to track tickets through the release process is that I want to measure the cycle and lead time. 

What am I doing wrong? Is there anything you can do to help with this?

Many thanks in advance

Robbie

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Hi Robbie - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Business?

For non Company-managed projects, they will disappear after 2 weeks for any Done category status, regardless of the status name.

Robbie Ablett December 16, 2022

Hi John, 

Thanks for coming back to me. After some digging and conversations found that in general board settings, there is a dropdown which hides tickets in a "done" state after 2 weeks. I've updated this to 4 weeks which should be sufficient.

Your response pointed me in the right direction and helped to find the solution. Thank you again for taking the time to respond! 

Cheers

Robbie

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

Great! Glad you found a solution.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events