Tickets not viewable in Backlog, but appear when add any label.

Deleted user June 20, 2019

I created a new scrum project and imported all tickets from my previous project. I have setup proper workflow and the column names are properly mapped with the statuses. 

But, the problem is, that when i create new issue, i am not able to view that in the backlog. But when i enter any label on it, e.g., a,b, etc., it appears in the backlog. 

I want to get rid of putting a "label" in order to view the ticket in backlog. 

Could you please suggest me what is the problem with my settings.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2019

If your filter includes "AND LABEL= xxx" it's obvious it won't work when no label is set. There's no real workaround that can avoid this unless something very specific happens, like the label being maped 1:1 to issuetype (in that case you could automatically set the label and forget about it).

I believe you just need to rethink how many boards you need and what's suposed to be shown on each one so you can define good filters based in the avaliable variables. One tip could be include something like "OR LABEL is  EMPTY" but of course you could use this just in one board, otherwise the issues with no label would appear in multiple boards.

1 vote
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

Check your filter maybe you have a condition with the label name that's why you are not able to see the issues in backlog without a label.

Deleted user June 20, 2019

Just to add, under that project, i have two boards. I am filtering the tickets on the basis of label. 
But i want to get rid of label while creating the ticket. What can i do?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events