Tickets from nextGen are not visible in Classic project

Arthur Harutyunyan December 13, 2021

Hey Community,

Maybe this question has been already discussed a lot. But this is very annoying issue :) and should be discussed more than a lot :D

Well, I have 2 boards Classic and nextGen. 

I have my scrum board in classic board, where I have a general sprint from different classic projects. 

Now I have another new NextGen project and I want to include tickets from this project into my classic board sprint. 

But I exited when adding nextGen tickets to sprint they were not visible in my classic board, its annoying :D

I am pretty sure, that lot of jira admins faced this issue, so need to solve it ASAP

thanks,

Arthur

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hello @Arthur Harutyunyan 

This is something which I have done in the past. The steps which I usually take for this are as:

• Create a filter to list all issues for the Company managed and Team managed projects
  • Navigate to the Company managed project
  • Create a new board of Scrum type
  • Create a sprint and add issues

This works as expected across the project types.

Kindly test these and let me know if these steps help.

Please accept the answers if this answers the query.

hey @Gaurav thanks for reply.

Looks like I have already done these steps. So what I have is:

1. I have a cross-projects filter, which I made using Jira labels (label is the only cross-project item in Jira). So all my tickets which are going to be in my Backlog have xxx label. And the filter in my scrum board in classic project is: label = xxx
  2. I have a sprint backlog and a sprint in my scrum board
  3. I have another Jira project which belongs to NextGen family. 
  4. The tickets from point 3) are marked with the same label from point 1)

Expected Result is to see the tickets from point 3) to point 1) board :)))

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Thanks for sharing the details. I usually take the step-by-step approach to troubleshoot such issues.

I would like to ask you the following:

• Is the filter showing all the issues from both the projects (Company managed and Team managed) with the label?
  • Do all such issues show up on the backlog?

hey @Gaurav , thanks for quick reply

to answer your question:

• yes
  • all issues except the issues from my NextGen project

Thanks, 

Arthur

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2021

This is really great!!

With this, we are sure that the filter is working but the issues are not showing up on the Scrum board.

As the next step, please check/ validate the following:

• The filter is properly saved and named
  • The same filter is being used for creating the Scrum board

@Gaurav your second question is a bit confusing.

• yes
  • what do you mean by "the same filter"? I have only one filter ))
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2021

@Arthur Harutyunyan Kindly share a screenshot of the filter and the board settings. This will help in further troubleshooting.

hey @Gaurav already shared some screenshots in my above comment to @Trudy Claspill 

Thanks, 

Arthur

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2021

From the screenshot, it seems there is an issue with the filter. Kindly check that.

Arthur Harutyunyan December 14, 2021

Thanks @Gaurav . It sounds very nice :)

But could you please add your thoughts where the issue is seen ? So I can check the exact thing and not something abstract ))

Thanks in advance,

Arthur

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2021

@Arthur Harutyunyan From the screenshot it seems that not all the status have been mapped to the board due to which some of the issues are not showing up.

Kindly check that.

Arthur Harutyunyan December 14, 2021

well, thanks @Gaurav I will check for a possible status discrepancy between 2 projects and in board configuration. 

Thanks for your support,

Arthur

Like Gaurav likes this
0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2021

Hello @Arthur Harutyunyan 

Can you show us the actual filter on the board?

Can you show use an image of the Label values in issues from the next-gent project?

What is the issue type of the missing issues?

hey @Trudy Claspill to answer to your question let me share some screenshot.

You can see my board filter

You can see the issue type in NextGen which does not appear in my classic board.

bcklog.PNGexample.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2021

@Arthur Harutyunyan 

I see that you marked this post as Answer Accepted. Is your issue resolved? If so, what was the issue? Was it what @Gaurav suggested and not all statuses were mapped to columns?

Arthur Harutyunyan December 15, 2021

hey @Trudy Claspill seems like yes,

Actually I totaly forgot about the statuses, as I have different workflows and statuses in my classic projects vs new nextGen project, agree, its funny )))

anyway, I didnt managed to fix that yet, but Im pretty sure, this issue is because of the different workflows. 

and again, thanks to @AlL for you help and support guys,

we are a great Community !! ))

0 votes
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2021

Hi @Arthur Harutyunyan ,

I'm using a classic (company-managed) Kanban board to pull cards from across multiple team-managed projects and I noticed that if I don't move the issue card from Backlog to Board manually they won't show in my kanban board.

Maybe that's the issue?

hey @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ thanks for the answer, but looks like you have a different case. In my case Im using both classic and NextGen projects in Jira simultaneously and using Scrum boards instead of Kanban 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events