Tickets did not move to next correct sprint after sprint completion

Deleted user January 27, 2022

I'm using scrum board on jira cloud and I was in the process of closing out  my sprint 2 and  some tickets were not completed at end of sprint.  I got prompted to choose which sprint I wanted to move the tickets to:.
I have the following sprints in the system:

1.  sprint 3 with begin and end dates entered: [which is the next sprint that is beginning]

2. sprint 4 with begin and end dates entered
  3. sprint 5 with begin and end dates entered

What happened is that in the window prompt  I did get sprint 3 as the default choice.  I didn't change the value at all because that is what I wanted .
I just clicked the next button.  
I then started sprint 3.

What happened is that the tickets that weren't completed actually ended up in sprint 5 for some reason.  Does anyone know ? if there are issues with the way I set up multiple sprints so, team plan ahead?  Should there be an actually issue with me having sprint 4, sprint 5 in the system?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 6, 2022

So, I got an answer from somewhere.  But the solution is to go to the sprint ALL Dashboard and close your tickets from there.  I also suggest you start the sprint there too. 

problem is : if you are within a sprint dashboard and you share sprint in multiple groups/dash boards. That is because for me my dashboard is set for specific teams and only those team tickets are displayed within the board. In jira when I used to complete the sprint within one of the boards ONLY in the dashboard that you are in do tickets move to the next sprint. So, I was in a team specific sprint dashboard and only the tickets within that board got moved, while the tickets in other team dashboards did not.  So, the solution is to go the the SPrint All board  [might be Called Sprint Board where all your tickets are]and Close and start your sprint there.  All your tickets will move to the appropriate sprint.

0 votes
Dana Hurlbut
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2023

Looks like they are aware of it but maybe add yourself as an affected customer as it looks like it's in "Gathering Impact"

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-23410

0 votes
Erika Simon October 5, 2022

I am having the same exact problem with the same exact result! @[deleted] , did you find a solution? Thank you

Deleted user October 6, 2022

see my answer above

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

I have not observed this. Without seeing it firsthand it is hard to assess. I suggest observing at next sprint closure. If repeatable it would be good to contact Atlassian support.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events