Ticket migration between team managed and company managed projects

Charlotte Wilke April 21, 2021

Hi Community, 

I'm Charlotte and located in Hamburg. 

I started to work with Jira cloud version and have a running project for software development in a team-managed structure. There are already many tickets that sometimes have another issue type or workflow then we compromised for our company standard.

I need to change it into the company-managed structure and do not know how to migrate the tickets and where we should be careful to avoid ticket loss or failure.

Hope my question is comprehensibly explained and I would be thankful for any kind of tipp, best practice or hint to documentation. 

Greeting Charlotte 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stefan Ernst [Realigned.io]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2021

Hi Charlotte,

this could be done with Issue Bulk Change, you can select from the top Filters -> Advanced Issue Search, then select the project in question to filter by and then click the top most checkbox for selecting all the issues in the list.

Next, you can click on the "three-dots" button in the top right and select "Bulk change all x issue(s)". An assistant should open where you can choose "Move issue" and move the selected issues to another project.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much for your explanation! 
I'm going to try it direct. 

Have a nice day!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2021

If you want to keep the original issues in the original project, to make sure that no data is lost, you can bulk clone and move them with our Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira.

If you have questions or feedback about our app, don't hesitate to contact our support.

Thanks for this valuable tip I will try the cloning in any case!

Have a nice day and thanks so much :)

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
April 21, 2021

You're welcome, Charlotte. Greetings from Karlsruhe to Hamburg :)

Like Charlotte Wilke likes this

Suggest an answer