Ticket details on Kanban board?

Nitzan Matzkevich June 28, 2021

Is it possible to show a ticket's ETA on Kanban board? We want have the ETA shown on each card. Is that possible?

Also, is it possible to sort by ETA? I can see I can use a filter to look for tickets with ETA within a range. But can I sort by ETA, two I can list the tickets with ascending ETA?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

What is “ETA”? Maybe this is a custom field? Depending on your project type and board type you may be able to add that field to your cards. If you have ellipses In the upper right of your board then click on those and select board settings - card layout and add the field to your card.

Nitzan Matzkevich June 29, 2021

Hmmm, I didn't realize it's a custom field. It's the estimated delivery date for the task. It's possible it was added before I joined the company.

I don't see ellipses on the board. I only have the Board dropdown menu.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

There can be only one ORDER BY clause in the filter for an agile board and that is typically ORDER BY Rank. 

Ordering by Rank allows you to drag and drop the issues to make them "higher" or "lower" in your lists of issues, with the assumption being that those that are "higher" should be worked on sooner.

If you change the ORDER BY clause to be by your "ETA" field you will no longer be able to re-order/prioritize the issue by dragging and dropping them.

Nitzan Matzkevich June 29, 2021

Thank you for the answer.

Suggest an answer