The subquest becomes dependent on the other after linked

I need a subquest linked to another in the frame to become dependent (and move along with the other) and not be visible in the frame.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hello @Alessandra Cristina da Silva Moraes 

I don't understand what you are trying to ask. Can you please provide more information? If English is not your native language, please post in your native language and we will use translators.

Including screen images to illustrate your question would also be helpful.

Gostaria de vincular um item ao outro, e depois disso o item vinculado incorporar ao outro item de modo que quando alterasse o status de um item o outro alterasse também para o mesmo status do outro. E se possível só um dos itens aparecesse no quadro.

Exemplo, o item TSTC-28 está vinculado ao TSTC-28 porém gostaria que quando eu mudasse o status do TSTC 26 para Itens Concluídos o TSTC -26 modificasse também, e somente o TSTSC -26 mostrasse no quadroCaptura de tela 2023-04-24 123117.pngCaptura de tela 2023-04-24 123059.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Olá,

Obrigado. Isso me ajuda a entender melhor seu cenário. Estou usando um aplicativo tradutor para traduzir minha resposta de volta para seu idioma nativo.

É possível usar o Automation for Jira para alterar o status de um item automaticamente com base na alteração do status de outro item vinculado.

Quando você tem um par de itens vinculados e deseja que a mudança de status de um cause automaticamente uma mudança de status no outro, você está sempre usando o link "causas"?

Quando você vincula dois itens para que X "cause" Y, sempre será verdade que Y é o item que você deseja alterar automaticamente?

Deseja que o item Y nem sempre seja exibido no quadro quando estiver vinculado ao item X? Ou você deseja ocultar apenas quando ambos estiverem concluídos?

---

Hello,

Thank you. That does help me understand your scenario better. I am using a translator application to translate my response back to your native language.

It is possible to use Automation for Jira to change the status of an item automatically based on the status of another linked item changing.

When you have a pair of linked items and you want the status change of one to automatically cause a status change in the other, are you always using the "causes" link?

When you link two items so that X "causes" Y will it always be true that Y is the item you want to change automatically?

Do you want item Y to always not display in the board when it is linked to item X? Or do you want it hidden only when both are Completed?

I would like to link one item to the other, and after that the linked item merge with the other item so that when I change the status of one item the other also changes to the same status as the other. And if possible only one of the items appeared on the board.

Example, the TSTC-28 item is linked to the TSTC-28 but I would like that when I change the status of the TSTC 26 to Completed Items the TSTC -26 would modify it too, and only the TSTSC -26 would show in the frame

Quando você tem um par de itens vinculados e deseja que a mudança de status de um cause automaticamente uma mudança de status no outro, você está sempre usando o link "causas"? 

Estou sim.

Quando você vincula dois itens para que X "cause" Y, sempre será verdade que Y é o item que você deseja alterar automaticamente?

Isso mesmo.

Deseja que o item Y nem sempre seja exibido no quadro quando estiver vinculado ao item X? Ou você deseja ocultar apenas quando ambos estiverem concluídos?

Sempre quando o item Y estiver vinculando a X, quero que o item Y não apareça no quadro a partir do momento que ele esteja vinculado.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Obrigado por essa informação adicional.

Vamos começar abordando a questão sobre a alteração automática do status. Isso pode ser resolvido criando uma regra de automação.

Você está familiarizado com a criação de regras de automação?

Você é um administrador de projeto para este projeto ou um administrador do Jira?

Você deve ser um administrador de projeto para este projeto para criar uma regra de automação para ele ou um administrador do Jira. Se você for apenas um administrador de projeto, poderá criar uma regra de automação para o projeto somente se os administradores do Jira tiverem ativado esse recurso.

Esta é a aparência da sua regra:

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 1.08.54 PM.png

Aqui está cada passo da regra:

Para o Acionador, você escolheria o Status apropriado para o seu projeto. No meu caso, é "Fechado".

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 1.10.08 PM.png 

A próxima etapa verifica se o problema tem links para outros problemas como "causas".

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 1.12.00 PM.png 

As próximas etapas percorrem todos os problemas vinculados ao problema principal com o link "causas".

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 1.12.59 PM.png

E a última etapa define o status do problema vinculado para corresponder ao problema principal.

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 1.13.51 PM.png

---

Thank you for that additional information.

Let us start by addressing the question about automatically changing the status. This can be solved by creating an Automation Rule.

Are you familiar with creating Automation Rules?

Are you a Project Administrator for this project, or a Jira Administrator?

You must be a Project Administrator for this project to create an Automation Rule for it, or a Jira Administrator. If you are only a Project Administrator then you can create an Automation Rule for the project only if the Jira Administrators have enabled that feature.

This is what your rule would look like:

Here is each step of the rule:

For the Trigger you would choose the To Status appropriate for your project. In my case that is "Closed".

The next step checks to see if the issue has links to other issues as "causes".

The next steps loops over all the issues linked to the main issue with the "causes" link.

And the last step sets the status of the linked issue to match the main issue.

When you have a pair of items linked and you want a status change in one to automatically cause a status change in the other, are you always using the "causes" link?

I am yes.

When you link two items so that X "causes" Y, will it always be true that Y is the item you want to automatically change?

That's right.

Want item Y to not always display on the board when linked to item X? Or do you want to hide only when both are done?

Whenever item Y is linking to X, I want item Y not to appear in the frame once it is linked.

Sou administrador do Jira e do projeto !!!

Essa parte já consegui executar, deu certo!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2023

Fico feliz em saber que a automação funcionou para você.

Agora, vamos abordar a questão de ocultar os problemas Y que têm um link "é causado por".

O Jira não possui um método nativo para localizar um grupo de pendências com base nas pendências que possuem um determinado tipo de link. Isso exigiria um aplicativo de terceiros que estendesse os recursos de pesquisa do Jira.

Você está aberto para obter um aplicativo de terceiros?

---

I am glad to hear that the automation worked for you.

Now let us address the question of hiding the issues Y that have an "is caused by" link.

Jira does not natively have a method to find a group of issues based on the issues all having a particular type of link. That would require a third party app that extends Jira searching capabilities.

Are you open to getting a third party app?

I'm an administrator of Jira and the project !!!

This part I managed to execute, it worked!

Obrigada. Não vai precisar ocultar. Está funcionado bem somente com a trasição automática.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2023

Fico feliz em poder fornecer ajuda.

Se suas perguntas foram respondidas, considere marcar a resposta como aceita para ajudar outros usuários a encontrar postagens com respostas validadas.

---

I'm glad I could provide help.

If your questions have been answered, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted to help other users find posts with validated answers.

Thanks. You won't need to hide. It's working fine with auto transition only.

Suggest an answer