The server where JIRA was hosted failed, how can I install it back on a new one?

Monobits May 15, 2019

My JIRA instance was on a server that had a hardware failure and I could only recover the files from the past instalation and the database files, is there a way to easily set my jira in a new server without losing any of my information and configuration?

I had jira 8 on a windows server 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

You will need to stand up a new server and install the same version of the Jira application on the new server.  You will then need to stand up the DB.  Once the DB is up you will need to migrate the home directory files and any customizations into the new instance.  Connect the new instance to the DB and start the application.  You can look here for additional information as a lot of the information still applies. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver080/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-967897065.html

Monobits May 16, 2019

Thanks Brant

Suggest an answer