The lastViewed date is not updated on all of my issues on my board after opening them

Jay Greenberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 4, 2022

I have handfuls of items that I have opened recently (today essentially) and the lastViewed date on my issue card never populates and instead says NONE.  How do I fix this?

I have opened every one of these issues, and even cleared page cache to see if it would populate and no dice.

last viewed NONE.png

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2022

Hi @Jay Greenberg -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

According to the advanced JQL documentation, Last Viewed is relative to the value provided in a query.  When you do not specify a value it is relative to midnight on the current date for your time zone: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-fields/#Advancedsearchingfieldsreference-LastViewedLastViewedDatelastViewedDateLastviewed

How does that match what you are seeing, as it appears that you added the field to your board view for cards and did not use it in a query?

Other community posts seem to indicate that this value is relative to currentUser() and that it appear as null/cleared as time passes.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer