The Issues advanced search in a NextGen project is broken with subtasks and Sprint

Manuel Martín-Vivaldi December 5, 2020

[NextGen project] In Issues advanced search if I select 'All Sub-Task Issue Types' and one Sprint to search,  it show only 4 issues but if I remove the Sprint it shows 228 results, and most of them belongs to the same Sprint MTK Sprint 12 that was selected in the first search

There is only a MTK Sprint 12 (good point) and JQL query looks good

image.pngimage.png
image.png

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2020

Hi @Manuel Martín-Vivaldi 

Do you have any NextGen projects with these sub-tasks? 

If so, there is an open defect preventing the search of the sub-tasks when also filtering by Sprint.  You may view and vote for this defect's resolution here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18394

Best regards,

Bill

Manuel Martín-Vivaldi December 9, 2020

Thanks Bill, you're right, is a NextGen project and looks like it´s the same defect (I didn´t find the issue when looking for a solution)

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hopefully this one will get fixed sooner...  Those search/filter defects are bad because they lead us down different paths looking for fixes.

__Bill

Like Manuel Martín-Vivaldi likes this
0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2020

Hi Manuel,

Is it possible that there is more than one sprint called 'MTK Sprint 12'?

To help the community give more answers to your question, maybe you could give screenshots that show:

• What does the Sprint picker look like when you type 'MTK Sprint 12', does it suggest more than one Sprint?
  • What does each search box contain when you click the 'Switch to JQL' link?
Manuel Martín-Vivaldi December 6, 2020

Thanks Sam for the interesting suggestions.

I checked for a sprint with the same name without luck and included both screenshots into the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events