Test execution result can over-wrap the previous test execution in Test management plugin

Henry Kim January 11, 2022

Hello,

I wonder what happened if I create the duplicated test executions right after generating previous one.

Let say, I've generated the test execution according to the test plan called "Sample test ". As you know the test execution would be named "Sample test (#1 execution )". 

And then I've generated the test execution again according to the same test plan then the test execution name would be "Sample test (#2 execution )".

Here is the question,

When I've checked the test result in each execution like,

- Sample test (#1 execution) : test case 1 - Fail

- Sample test (#2 execution) : test case 1 - Pass

Then I've tried to make a report (with Test case executions)

Which can affect the result? execution #1 or execution #2?

In my mind, execution #2 should.

Please let me know if you cannot get it.

1 answer

0 votes
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Henry Kim ,
you will be able to see both of them but you can filter the reports to see only from one of the executions. 

There is some difference on the traceability report or at Test Cases view where there is the "Last execution result". That means of course that you will find the result from "Sample test (#2 execution) : test case 1 - Pass". 

Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 11.34.16.png
Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 11.32.53.png

Henry Kim January 11, 2022

thanks for the answer, btw what I meant is the chart like below, the result of same test case can be duplicated once I've tried to make same execution?

issue.png

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2022

It depends on your search criteria. You can choose only Test Plan. In that case you will see results of all Test Executions made from that Test Plan (so both execution 1 and 2). You can also narrow the search by choosing the specific Execution so you will be able to see only the last one. 
Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 12.12.19.png

Henry Kim January 12, 2022

Yep, I get it. According to your explanation, I can filter it out the execution but the thing is .. it means I have to generate the execution report one by one.

It seems like there is no function to filter with "# execution" other than selecting specific test plan. 

Marketplace Partner
January 12, 2022

This is some idea for improvement of that report. We will think about it. 

Yes, you have to select them one by one (we are also going to introduce multi picker field for executions and fix versions).

You could also organize your executions in versions of the tree structure and add them to a folder. After that, you could select that folder on the report so it would show you only executions from that folder.

Henry Kim January 12, 2022

Thanks for your answer! It's good for me to have that feature. 

Btw, Could you let me know how to utilize "tree structure"?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events