Test Case Importer

Sai Vineet Mohan Sinha December 7, 2020

When Trying to Import Test Case using .csv File. So Error which I am getting is like this - 

The .csv File, which I am using may be having some columns Missing. But not sure which One.

{
"errors": [
{
"elementNumber": 0,
"errors": {
"customfield_10051": "Option id 'null' is not valid"
}
},
{
"elementNumber": 1,
}
},
{
"elementNumber": 2,
}
}
],
"issues": [],
"warnings": []
}

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Hello @Sai Vineet Mohan Sinha 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide the details of the field mapping you have set up for your import?

Sai Vineet Mohan Sinha December 9, 2020

Hi Trudy, 

I am uploading a Screencapture from the Jira Test Case Importer.

jira_import1.jpg

Sai Vineet Mohan Sinha December 9, 2020

@Trudy Claspill Thank You for your Help In Advance. Another Screencapture for Test Case Importer is attached. jira_import2.jpg

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

Hello @Sai Vineet Mohan Sinha 

I have not used the Test Case Importer before, but I assume that it works the same as the built-in External System Importer.

The error message is indicating that there is a required field with the internal designation of customfield_10051 that is not getting any data assigned to it during the import. That could be the Test Type or Summary field, or another field you have configured to be Required for your Test Case issues.

It appears from your screen images that you have not mapped any of the columns in your CSV data to the fields in JIRA. At this step you need to use this screen to map the columns in your CSV to the fields in the JIRA issues so that the importer knows how to arrange the data in the new JIRA issues. The list on the left is your CSV columns. Where it says "Don't map this field" is where you select the JIRA issue field where you want the data placed.

You have to at least map data to the fields that are Required for the type of issue you're creating.

If you refer to the Xray documentation it says there are a minimum of two required fields; Test Type and Summary.

https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Importing+Tests+using+Test+Case+Importer#ImportingTestsusingTestCaseImporter-Mapfieldsstep

Try mapping your CSV columns to the JIRA issue fields and see if that resolves your error.

Like Sai Vineet Mohan Sinha likes this
0 votes
sergiodiblasio July 7, 2022

Hello, how can write my importer to set the status of my tc's in "Ready for Execution"? 

dont map this field.pngstatus in csv.pngstatus-xray-importer.pngworkflow_jira.png

Haneen Abuhantash
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2023

@Sai Vineet Mohan Sinha   I would like to include the test status information that needs to be recorded on the test execution ticket.how can I did it 

Like subhrajeet panda likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events