Tempo time entries split across multiple projects?

jenna January 5, 2022

Hi there! 

We use tempo to track our time and love it. Recently we’ve come across the need to split time across multiple projects. For example, I’m managing many different projects for say 2 hours and want to split the time between many projects. Is this a possibility? We have anywhere from 20-45 projects happening at a time. 

Thank you! 

Jenna 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Hi @jenna

It is not possible to create one worklog that gets automatically split to several issues, but you can split existing worklogs. Each split-part will have to be created with a separate process (you can not split the worklog to several issues). 

For information on how splitting a worklogs is done, please take a look at https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/logging-your-time/logging-time-in-jira/editing-your-time-records-in-a-jira-issue.html

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 6, 2022

You can create corresponding issues in these projects and use them to log you time. E.g. somewhat like "Managing project X" in project X , "Managing project in project Y" and so on. Single issue per project can be used by multiple people. Would that work?  

jenna January 9, 2022

I think that's what we're doing I.e. project management - project A - PM - Project B. I'm working more broadly but related to all our projects and am trying to find a way to quickly add/split my time worked without adding 10 min to 20 projects regularly. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events