Karthik dharmalingam March 23, 2018

I am developing a plugin for Jira. I have included template renderer using,

<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.templaterenderer</groupId>
<artifactId>atlassian-template-renderer-api</artifactId>
<version>1.3.1</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

and it has been working for long time. But ever since I have introduced some new dependency jars ( that has nothing to do with template renderer! ), it is not working for me. I have posted the logs below. I have tried rebuilding after atlas-clean command, but nothing worked for me. Please help me in this regard. Thanks.

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2018-03-19 18:20:50,889 FelixDispatchQueue ERROR [c.a.p.o.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager] Framework error in bundle com.atlassian.templaterenderer.atlassian-template-renderer-velocity16-plugin
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] org.osgi.framework.ServiceException: Service factory exception: Cannot instantiate class for introspector.cache.classes
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistrationImpl.getFactoryUnchecked(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:312)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistrationImpl.getService(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:219)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistry.getService(ServiceRegistry.java:320)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.getService(Felix.java:3568)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContextImpl.java:468)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ReferenceHolder.getService(ReferenceHolder.java:47)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceDynamicInterceptor$ServiceLookUpCallback.doWithRetry(ServiceDynamicInterceptor.java:104)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.support.RetryTemplate.execute(RetryTemplate.java:81)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceDynamicInterceptor.lookupService(ServiceDynamicInterceptor.java:427)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceDynamicInterceptor.getTarget(ServiceDynamicInterceptor.java:400)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:60)

3 answers

1 vote
Thilo Fester April 22, 2018

I had the same issue and manage to solve it by fixing the sal-api dependency version.

<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.sal</groupId>
<artifactId>sal-api</artifactId>
<version>3.1.0</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

According to the SAL version matrix 3.1.0 is the last one supporting JIRA 7.x.

Additionally I had to add some lines to the Import-Package node in my pom.xml.  It is looking like that now for my plugin:

<Import-Package>
com.atlassian.jira.bc.filter,
com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.search,
com.atlassian.jira.issue,
com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields,
com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.layout.field,
com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.rest.json.beans,
com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser,
com.atlassian.jira.security,
com.atlassian.sal.api,
com.atlassian.sal.api.pluginsettings,
com.atlassian.sal.api.transaction,
com.atlassian.templaterenderer,
org.springframework.beans,
org.springframework.beans.factory,
org.springframework.cglib.core,
org.springframework.cglib.proxy,
org.springframework.cglib.reflect,
</Import-Package>

The highlighted ones were added after changing the sal-api version.

Btw I'm using Atlassian Spring Scanner 2. I don't know, maybe the use of previous versions implies further changes.

Here are some version number related to my solution:

<properties>
<jira.version>7.9.0</jira.version>
<amps.version>6.3.15</amps.version>
<spring.version>5.0.4.RELEASE</spring.version>
<atlassian.spring.scanner.version>2.1.3</atlassian.spring.scanner.version>
<!-- This key is used to keep the consistency between the key in atlassian-plugin.xml and the key to generate bundle. -->
<atlassian.plugin.key>${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId}</atlassian.plugin.key>
<!-- TestKit version 6.x for JIRA 6.x -->
<testkit.version>6.3.11</testkit.version>
<plugin.testrunner.version>1.2.3</plugin.testrunner.version>
<project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>
<maven.compiler.source>1.8</maven.compiler.source>
<maven.compiler.target>1.8</maven.compiler.target>
</properties>

Good luck!

0 votes
Thilo Fester April 24, 2018

The problem appeared again. This time after adding

<DynamicImport-Package>*</DynamicImport-Package>

to the instructions of maven-jira-plugin. This seems to load imcompatible dependencies, too.

After removing the line I didn't get rid of the error. Restarting JIRA was not enough, I had to clean the maven target folder to get things running again.

Turns out, tackling dependencies problems in OSGi can be pretty time consuming.

Vedenichev_ Anton December 11, 2020

Hey, did you resolved this problem?

0 votes
Thilo Fester April 22, 2018

Deleted. I accidently posted twice, since I thought the first answer was not published.

Suggest an answer