Task Board Column: Summation of Hours Remaining for the column

How do I configure the hours that are being accumulated for each Column such as To DO, In Progress....In QA....Done.

Mine are still showing 0m even tho we have populated ORiginal Estimate fiedl and Time Remaining Field. So I need to fix this configuation of what it is summing.

Where Do I do that ?

5 answers

Actually I think there is no configuration for Taskboard to show this. Are the total values for the planned Sprint coming in the version box (right side) while in the Planning Board view?

Hey Renjith,

Thanks for the response.

To answer your question : No.

I think something is wrong with how we have setup our screens or field templates or whatever the correct semantic is. In the Planning board, on the right side where it details out number of issues, time remaining, time spent etc, it shows that Time Estimate is 0m, Time Remaining is 0m....

And then when I look on a jira ticket, I see that I do not even have a "Time Estimate" field on a ticket. We use a customized field called "ESTIMATE".

So I guess there are two options for me now:

1) So if there was a way, that I could CONFIGURE the Task Board to Sum the Estimate field rather than the Time Estimate field, then I would get my Totals.

2) If I cannot configure the Task Board Column Totals - then can you help me force the Time SPent and Time Estimate fields onto my existing Jira tickets ?

THANKS!

Am guessing that time tracking is not enable in your Jira instance. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Time+Tracking

In that case there is not need of an additional custom field for estimates and the task boards should show the values automatically.

It is not possible to show accumulated hours. This is a very desirable feature, that there have bene plenty of posts about. This would be a good plugin for someone to write.

Here's an extension for the Chrome browser that does what you requested: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/estimations-sum-for-jira/mmbocjepfajlidapdnikdjebbdfjgbki

In order to use it, you need to show the remaining estimates on the scrum board for the issues.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

2,073 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you