Syntax of Story point estimation in Advanced Search to get a range of numbers

Sara April 7, 2021

Hi, I want to filter my stories and tasks based on Story point estimation, to see the easiest tasks to do. 
e.g. to see the stories which have 1, 2 and 3 as estimation. 
Right now I can only do it by one number at a time.

2 answers

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 8, 2021

Hi @Sara 

Here is an example of JQL that worked for me to see the stories which have 1, 2, 3 as estimation:

project in (Marketing) AND "Story point estimate" <=3

Other option for you: if you don’t know how to set queries, you can try Dynamic Filters: JQL Replacer add-on. It's developed by my team to simplify advanced searches. So you can set the required request with help of Smart Field Manager as shown below: story points.png

Hope it helps.

Regards

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

Hello @Sara 

Welcome to the community.

This page and the related pages provide information about advanced searching.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/

If you want to look for issues where a number field is within a range you would add criteria thus:

[field] >= [low end number] and [field] =< [high end number]

If you want to look for issues where the number field is set to any one of a set of specific values you would use the IN operator.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events