Syncing Document attachments between projects

Alexander Wildes Jr March 21, 2023

Hello everyone,

I have a project whose tickets I wish to copy/sync attachments from other projects.  For example, I have a Project that will have Release Management tickets without attachments that will link to the epic ticket of another project which will have an attachment.  I would like for the Release Management ticket to pull the attachment from the related epic ticket upon creation and refresh that attachment as the Release Management ticket transitions.  Is this possible? I am currently using Jira Cloud, and due to budget constraints at the moment, I do not have ScriptRunner installed.

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2023

Hi Alex,

This is Majid @ Exalate. 
There are many ways to achieve this (as discussed earlier). It depends on the effort you are willing to put in and how flexible a solution you want. A DIY approach here would be a valid way to do it, but expensive I think, or you could essentially "outsource" the problem to a synchronization app like Exalate and let it take care of it. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katarzyna Szumilas_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 21, 2023

Hi @Alexander Wildes Jr

I wonder - maybe using a third-party synchronization add-on will be a good solution here?
My team recently released a free tool Issue Sync Lite that you can use to synchronize issues from different projects (also from different Cloud instances) and copy over their values: fields, comments, and attachments. Once any of the mapped elements changes in the original issue, the other ticket is updated.

If that sounds interesting, feel free to try the app or book a demo.

Best regards,
Kasia from Deviniti

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

Hi @Alexander Wildes Jr

You would need ScriptRunner to copy the attachments. You can also do that from outside Jira using your own script like simple shell scripts by utilising the REST API.

Ravi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events