Synchronization from Jira Server to Jira Cloud

Sebastian Adam January 15, 2022

Hey Community,

today i am asking you to help me finding a Jira Add-On which is capable to synchronize projects, tasks, worklogs from Jira Server to Jira Cloud. All the Add-Ons i have found are currently not able to do this (only other way round from Cloud to Server) or i did not found the right one. Problem is, that we need to run our Jira Server and Cloud instance for a few weeks or months in parallel, as we are migrating from Server to Cloud. But we have a dependency from synchronizing work logs to our ERP as well. That's why we need the operational systems in parallel because there is no possibility to do a "big bang" from one day to the other. In total there need to be around 150 projects migrated from Server to Cloud instance.

Does anyone have experience with synchronizing from Server to Cloud Jira instance and can give me a hint on which Add-On to use for this? Would be really helpful! Thanks in advance and happy weekend!

Best, Sebastian

5 answers

2 votes
Umer Sohail _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2023

Hi @Sebastian Adam , thanks for the question.

This is Umer, PMM for Backbone Issue Sync for Jira. From what I gathered, you want a Jira add-on that can keep issues on your Jira Server and Cloud instances updated during your phased migration to the Cloud.

If you intend to keep working on the Server instance and create/edit/delete Jira issues while migrating to the Cloud, Backbone Issue Sync for Jira would be a perfect solution!  

You can use Backbone to connect the Server and Cloud instances (both uni-directionally or bi-directionally) and automatically keep all issues in sync and updated in real time on both instances.

All issue types, custom fields, and workflows can be synced across instances. In addition, you will find a link to the migrated Jira issue on Cloud on all server issues, making it easier to navigate between the two instances.

We recently held a webinar on the phased migration strategy and how you can use Backbone to keep your Jira instances in sync. It might be useful for you to check that out and get some more tips for the process.

Feel free to visit our landing page for more info on Jira issue sync capabilities of Backbone. Or simply schedule a demo with us so we can show you around the app and answer your questions.

Happy Migrating!

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2023

Hi @Sebastian Adam

I am an Integration Consultant with Exalate. 

As already suggested by Pramodh, Exalate fits the bill ideally here by providing an out of the box synchronization between Jira Server and Jira Cloud (and yes, bi-directionally). It provides a visual editor for simple use cases, and a scripting engine for an extremely granular control over the entire integration. 

If you would like to see how Exalate can help you, please feel free to book a session here, and we would be happy to assist. 

Thanks

Majid

1 vote
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2022

Hi @Sebastian Adam 

This one is good plugin to sync the issues from one instance to another even from server to ☁️

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213645/exalate-jira-issue-sync-more?tab=overview

Thanks,

Pramodh

0 votes
Katarzyna Szumilas_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2023

Hi @Sebastian Adam

If you are still looking for a synchronization tool, you can also give Issue Sync for Jira a try - this app supports Cloud to Server/DC ticket sync along with elements like custom fields, attachments, comments, or statuses. You can create bidirectional synchronization also with Jiras behind the firewall.
If that sounds interesting, feel free to check the app with a 30days free trial or book a demo via Calendly.

Best regards,
Kasia

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
February 14, 2023

@Sebastian Adam feel free to also check out ZigiOps. 100% no-code integration tool that connects systems bi-directionally. It's easy to use and in no time will connect, sync and keep up to date your Jira instances (issues and other types of data) at all times. Feel free to set a demo meeting (it's free & non-binding) with our tech team to see ZigiOps in action.

Regards (Diana, ZigiOps team)

Suggest an answer