Subtasks will not show in Issues Search

Matthew Thogerson February 4, 2021

I'm super frustrated, so I'm hoping someone can assist. I'm trying to use advanced search to see ALL the issues in the coming sprint. This includes Stories, Tasks, and Subtasks.

I have verified that there are indeed subtasks in the coming sprint, that are sized with Story Point Estimates (Next Gen Project). However I cannot get them to show in the list view of issues in the coming sprint.

I cannot get them to display by explicitly selecting the type as Subtask only - nor can I get them to display by using JQL.

This is immensely frustrating because I am looking to see the full story-point estimation across all of my engineers - including the story the subtasks.

In short:

* In advanced search, how can I see subtask issue types.

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hi Matthew,

I am afraid you have run into a couple of bugs for sub-tasks with sprints in Next-gen projects. 

You can see those here: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18461

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18398

You might want to vote for those and start following them. 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hello @Matthew Thogerson 

Sub-task are not directly assigned to a sprint. That issue type does not include include the Sprint field.

Sub-tasks are part of a sprint by virtue of their parent issue being assigned to the sprint.

If you filter for issues based on the Sprint field value alone, the results will not include sub-tasks.

I haven't worked out the details, but essentially you would need to filter for all non-sub-task issues in the sprint, and combine that with a filter of all sub-tasks that belong to the issues in the first filter. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events