Tom Tester January 13, 2022

[Issue Type] Content

[Frequency] Almost every time

[Priority] Low

[Environment] Windows 10 Education N, Chrome  96.0.4664.110

[Actions Preformed]

1. Open the Board page.

2. Click on the Group by dropdown list.

3. Click on the profile icon in the top right corner.

4. Select "Account settings".

5. Select "Account Preferences".

4. In the Language section change the current language to a different language.

5. Navigate back to Jira Software tab.

6. Refresh the page.

7. Click on the Group by dropdown list.

[Expected Results] After changing the language in the Account settings all options should be translated into the newly selected language.

[Actual Result] After changing the language in the Account settings on the Board page in the Group by dropdown list the Subtask option isn't translated.

[Attachments]

0nS7Ctm24n.png

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Thanks for sharing. Given you are on Free you can't report to Atlassian Support unfortunately. I will share thru my channels.

Tom Tester January 13, 2022

Thank you

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2022

Hello @Tom Tester,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

On team-managed projects, when creating issue types, it’s possible to add any name, for example, if you created the Subtask as Podzadanie, it won’t be translated if you change your language. 

With this said, if you created this issue type while you were using Jira in Polish, it’s expected that it shows as Podzadanie. I tested here by creating it while my profile was in Portuguese, and it didn’t translate to English when I changed my profile language back to English.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 13.52.40.png 

Please, go to Project settings > Issue types and click on Podzadanie to edit its name > Save changes.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 14.04.03.png

Summarizing: By creating issue types while your profile is in a different language, it will keep the original name when selecting another language. For example, a user that changed the profile language to Spanish creates all issue types on a team-managed project and it’s all in Spanish. If another user accesses the same project and their profile language is in English, they will see the issue types in Spanish as well.

Team-managed projects are independent of other projects and also it doesn’t use global configurations. For company-managed projects, it’s possible to add translations for issue types, statuses, priorities, resolutions.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Sukruth M S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

Hi @Tom Tester I think subtask won't be translated it is referred as subtask as per my opinion .

Thanks ,

Sukruth

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events