Subtask grouping?

John Driscoll December 8, 2022

We have a Raw Material review project and I've configured 16 sub-tasks to initiate work to be done by various functional areas in order to move the Jira item to the next stage of completion.

I'm wondering, "is there are options to group or display the subtasks when they are displayed on the JIRA 'story' screen?"

RMVB story.png

The JIRA 'story' displays them in the order created and (I believe) gives an option to display them by PRIORITY.  I'm looking for other options to display (or group) the subtasks.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.  Thank you!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Check out the Issue Matrix app! It offers features to super-power the subtask list.

See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212709/issue-matrix-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

John Driscoll December 12, 2022

Thanks Aron.  I've asked out mgmt team about adding your tool to our subscriptions.

Like Aron Gombas _Midori_ likes this
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

@John Driscoll Just for the record: I am not affiliated with the Issue Matrix developer team. It is just an app built by someone else that I like and it matches your use case, therefore I recommended giving this a try.

John Driscoll December 12, 2022

Understood - thanks for the tip  (and the clarification).

Like Aron Gombas _Midori_ likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2022

The short answer is no, you cannot group your subtasks in the detailed view. There are apps that allows you to add more information to that view, so you could use either a label or a component to group them. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events