Substitutes for createmeta rest API do not seem to work

Manasi Kulkarni July 15, 2020

In reference to 'Createmeta REST endpoint to be removed' this article provided by Atlassian community, following 2 APIs need to be used instead of createmeta API to get the fields data for an issuetype, as the createmeta API is going to be deprecated.

1. /rest/api/2/issue/createmeta/{projectIdOrKey}/issuetypes to return a list of issue types given a project
  2. /rest/api/2/issue/createmeta/{projectIdOrKey}/issuetypes/{issueTypeId} to return a list of fields given a project and an issue type

However the above 2 APIs seem to return 404 Not found. 

Are these APIs currently existing and usable? or is there any other alternative to the traditional createmeta API which is going to be deprecated.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Chaitanya Nighot November 12, 2020

Exactly! To be clear I am not in the position to answer you query instead I am facing the same issue and reffered several blogs regarding this and there is no accurate answer to it as well, 

It is just to acknowledge the fact that the suggested commands does not work and I request the atlassian @Ryan Robert to reach us out as soon as possible because it already mid November and you're discontinuing the endpoint in first week of December. 

Anyways @Manasi Kulkarni if you found something please let me know as well.

Kind Regards,

CN

Chaitanya Nighot November 12, 2020

Hello @Manasi Kulkarni ,

While looking into this issue I came across to the point where you meed to check for server info of your jira setup. You can check it by the link below 

"http://Jira_url/rest/api/latest/serverInfo"

make sure you are logged into jira with same browser otherwise it might raise an login error.  IF

"deploymentType":"Server"

then you are able to use the fix suggested here createmeta work around  

Best,

Yash

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events