Sub-tasks don't show in issue navigator when filtering on sprint

jstamm-s101 May 14, 2020

When filtering by sprint on the issues navigator page, sub-tasks which are a part of the selected sprint(s) do not appear in the results.

jira sub-task search bug 1.pngjira sub-task search bug 2.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

No, they won't.  It's a known oversight in Jira Software, one that is quite annoying sometimes.

Sub-tasks are part of their parent, and Sprint is something that you can assume from the parent:  if the parent issue is in a sprint, its parts must be as well.

But Jira doesn't represent this on the sub-tasks, so they don't look like they're part of the sprint.  (It does the same for Epic links as well)

jstamm-s101 May 14, 2020

Have they indicated that they're working on improving this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

Not that I know of.

I tend to work in places that have ScriptRunner installed (it's an Adaptavist product, so obviously my sales mob sell it where-ever they can!), and I tend to create a pair of global scripted fields that echo Sprint and Epic Link on all issues, irrespective of type.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events