Stuck trying to configure a css file into a script runner fragment

Seth Bennett September 13, 2022

I have a local JIRA server, version 9.2. I'm attempting to use a configured resource to import a CSS file and make changes to how certain elements look on the front-end of my JIRA issue details page.

This is the YouTube tutorial I'm trying to implement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIC_iUsvKXs&list=PL_E9T0Z4ua164VpnStW9mUTnXXJptcQlO&index=23&t=372s

This is the documentation on setting up the CSS file:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.5.3/jira/fragments/WebResource.html

Following this documentation I have:

- used the default scripts directory (which contains my "custom_css.css" file

- Next I pasted the following code into my setenv.sh (or .bat) script like so:

JVM_REQUIRED_ARGS='-Dplugin.resource.directories=/app/home/scripts-Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true -Dorg.dom4j.factory=com.atlassian.core.xml.InterningDocumentFactory 

I've followed these steps, but still get the error: "Could not find custom_css.css in configured resource directories: You need to configure at least one alternate resource directory before using a web-resource, see the documentation

What am I doing wrong? 

2 answers

4 votes
manish jangir November 10, 2023

Hi @Seth Bennett ,

In my scenario, I configured the "Style.css" file in my resource directories.  My resource directories path is " /home/user/ ". 

The error might be because you configured in the below location

"-Dplugin.resource.directories=/app/home/scripts-" 

We configured directly in the home/user

JVM_REQUIRED_ARGS='-Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true -Dorg.dom4j.factory=com.atlassian.core.xml.InterningDocumentFactory -Dplugin.resource.directories=/home/user'

please check the above path and it works for me.

Screenshot 2023-11-10 180326.png

Durgesh Masurkar November 10, 2023

Great @manish jangir !

SumaLatha November 10, 2023

Good work Manish! it works

0 votes
SRAVAN
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 10, 2023

Great Work @manish jangir ,

I learnt a new thing. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders