Please help me to achieve the below changes on structure jira. Guide me with steps please :(
1. You can achieve this by doing the following:
- unselect the 'Treat tasks of zero duration as Milestones' option in Gantt chart's configuration(it's in the Scheduling tab).
- Click the New Slice button on the left in the configuration, select JQL at the top and define the scope of issues to which a new set of rules will be applied: for example, originalestimate is empty and type=bug
- click Add Section at the top, select Behavior | Milestone, save and close the settings. As a result, only bugs that have no Original Estimate defined will be treated as Milestones.
You can find more details about the Slice-based configurations in our wiki here: https://wiki.almworks.com/display/gantt/Slice-based+Configurations
2. Can you please clarify - do you mean Epics have Start & Finish dates defined in fields and you can't see them on the chart or you mean to ensure that Epics have both values on creation, or you mean something else? If both dates are there and you don't see them on the chart, this is possibly because of the enabled 'Treat parent issues as groups' option at the bottom of the Scheduling tab of the chart's configuration. Unselecting this option might help.
3. You can achieve this using the Formula column in your structure - you can have an additional column where an indicator can appear for any issue where Time Spent is higher than its estimate. You can use a formula like this: if(timespent > originalestimate, "overtime") and as a result, the 'overtime" text indicator will be shown for all issues that match the criteria. You can change it and/or add more visibility to it using Wiki markup. You can check our documentation on the Formula column for more details here: https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Wiki+Markup+in+Formula+Columns
I hope this helps! If you need further assistance with Structure.Gantt, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support.almworks.com and we'll be back with you shortly.
I'm glad to hear it! As for the Epics - to recommend a solution here we would need to look into your configuration in detail to better understand both the setup and the results you see on the chart. So please submit a request at our support portal(you can just send a direct email to email@example.com) and we'll go from there. Please attach these screenshots:
- of the structure and the chart in full;
- of any Epic's Issue Page;
- of the Scheduling tab of the chart's settings.
Thank you for the screenshots. Can you please also:
1. Add the Due Date column to the structure;
2. Open the chart in the right panel;
3. Take the screenshot of both the structure and the chart so we could see how Epics are shown on the chart as well.
P.S. Please note that if you have any sensitive information on the screenshots, it will be available for anybody to see here. We recommend to continue the discussion at our support portal where we can properly and privately help you with this. To submit the request, please either create it at support.almworks.com or send a direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events