Story points create a extra line in backlog and I see 2 fields

Ramalakshmi December 15, 2021

Hi,

I have a problem with displaying story points in the product backlog

I see 2 fields for story point

• Hypen -
  • point value 

I want the - to be replaced by the value and I don't know why there are 2 fields for story points 

Thanks 

Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 12.17.35.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Ramalakshmi , Welcome to the community.

I don’t see any hyphens in the image that you sent. Could you send an image of your board settings or card layout in the backlog? I would like to see how your additional fields are set up.

Hi @Jack Brickey ,
Thanks for getting back to me.

I have highlighted the hypen in the below picture 

Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 15.57.36.png

Let me know if you need anything else.

Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 12.42.18.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Ok so that is the estimation ’bubble’. Please check your board settings for how estimation is configured. If it is Time estimation then change to Story points if that is what you want there. Board settings > estimation 

@Jack Brickey yes, it is the case already, please check 

Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 14.01.23.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Thanks and I assume that the specific issue in fact has SP filled in? Is it remotely possible that you have a custom field named “story points”.

yes @Jack Brickey , you can see in the picture the point value "8" after the hypen

yes I have a custom field "story point" that I enabled for this projectScreenshot 2021-12-15 at 14.25.36.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2021

So you should not have a custom field called “story point” since that is a default system field. It seems that what is happening here is that you have this custom field and you have entered “8” into that field while there is no actual value in the system field. This would explain what you are seeing with “-“ in the system SP field and you see 8 in your card because you added your custom field.

suggested action - remove custom “Story Point” field and use the system field.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events