Story points are visible in dialog box but not in ticket card. How do I make them visible ?

Geo Mukkath May 29, 2023

ksbckjsb.PNG

As you can see in the image above, story points are added here as a field.

SDASDSD.PNG

Yet it is not visible in the ticket card above. 
Now I know for a fact that story points are visible in the ticket card. How do I make it visible ?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2023

Hello @Geo Mukkath 

It looks to me like you might be using a Team Managed project. Please check the bottom of the panel on the left to see if it says "team-managed" or "company-managed", and let us know what it says.

If you are using a Team Managed project you will not be able to follow @Manoj Gangwar 's advice because Card Layout is not an option for Team Managed projects.

Additionally, Team Managed projects use the Story point estimate field rather than the Story Points field. If you are using a Team Managed project then if you use the correct field (Story point estimate) then the data will automatically display on the card.

Geo Mukkath June 5, 2023

Hi, Yes I am using a team managed project. 
But despite adding "Story Points Estimate" I don't see any change. 
The story points are still not visible.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2023

Are you working with a Software project or a Business/Work Management project?

A Software project will say "Software Project" below the project name at the top of the panel on the left.

Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 7.29.02 AM.png

For such a project if you have added the built in Story point estimate field, and if you turn on the Estimation feature (under Project Settings > Features) and select Story Points for that option, then it should display on the cards automatically.

Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 7.38.15 AM.png

A Business/Work Management project will not show a label in that location, but you will instead see navigation options like Summary, Board, List, and Calendar across the top of the screen.

Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 7.31.03 AM.png

"Story point estimate" will not display on cards on the board for a Business/Work Management project. Story points.is a concept that applies only in Agile methodologies, and the agile boards (kanban and scrum) are functionality that is included only with the Jira Software product. The board created automatically for a Business Team Managed project will not include a story points field in the card display, and you can't add it when the project is Team Managed.

Geo Mukkath June 6, 2023

Thank-you so much. This worked.

4 votes
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2023

Hi @Geo Mukkath ,

You have to add the Story Points field under the Board Configuration>>Card Layout>>Select the Story Points field and add. then it will be visible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events